Did You Know?
- Eczema is hereditary, usually connecting back to a parent or family member who has eczema or even hay fever or asthma. Before you beat yourself up, however, know that the line is dotted — a child can have eczema and be the only one in the family.
- There’s a strong connection between food allergies and eczema. If your child has moderate to severe eczema, allergy testing is recommended.
- While not curable, eczema is controllable. The right skin regimen, especially during summer and winter months that are hard on the skin, can make all the difference.
Prevent Baby Eczema
- Bathe your baby – a common myth is that you shouldn’t bathe children with eczema. However, clean skin is less prone to infections and other germs. Keep baths short (less than five minutes) using lukewarm water and a gentle, ph-balanced soap like Pibu’s™ Bathtime Wash.
- Moisturize your baby – eczema is all about dry skin, so moisture is critical to protecting the skin barrier. After bath time, pat your baby dry to reserve some of the water and then moisturize head to toe. Pibu’s™ Hydrating Ointment, a fragrance-free, intensive moisturizer is perfect for locking in moisture after a bath. Repeat in the morning as well, using a lubricant like the Hydrating Ointment that can help in the treatment of your toddler’s eczema.
SOOTHE Baby Eczema
- If you see signs of eczema, increase the regimen, using an allover moisturizer at least twice a day.
- Soothe the affected areas with an added treatment such as with the Hydrating Ointment.
When to Call the Doctor
If the symptoms don’t subside in a few days, contact your doctor. Sometimes, a corticosteroid – a good steroid that the body produces naturally – can ease the inflammation and irritation.
|Uses||Skin protection and intense hydration for dry, chapped, cracked and irritated skin|
|Smells Like||Fresh, no scent|
|Feels Like||Nourishing, restorative, healing, thick and protective|
|Derm-momRX||Naturally-derived, non-toxic, hypoallergenic, chemical free, safe and gentle for everyday use for all ages, recommended by the National Eczema Association|
Doctor’s Instructions: For signs of eczema, extra dry skin or chaffing, replace daily moisturizer with Pibu’s™ Hydrating Ointment. Apply liberally with hands by massaging all over baby’s skin twice per day, concentrating specifically on affected areas. Great for drool rash, diaper area, skin folds, cheeks and lips on wintery days and even mommy’s cuticles!
Warnings: For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Stop use and ask doctor if condition worsens or symptoms persist for more than seven days. Do not use on puncture wounds, animal bites or serious burns.
Questions:Call 1-800-948-3631 or email@example.com
|Uses||For treatment of inflamed, dry skin and eczema breakouts|
|Smells Like||Fresh, no scent|
|Feels Like||Soothing, soft, protective, rapid absorbing|
|Derm-momRX||Non-toxic, hypoallergenic, safe and gentle for newborns, to be used as directed by Dr. Amy|
Doctor’s Instructions: Apply to severely dry, inflamed and eczema-affected areas no more than three times per day. Do not use for diaper rash. For treatment of infant, toddler, and childhood eczema.
Warnings: For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use for any other purpose without consulting a physician. Stop use and ask a doctor if condition worsens, bleeding occurs, or symptoms persist for more than seven days. Keep out of the reach of children. If swallowed, contact a physician or poison control center immediately.
Questions:Call 1-800-948-3631 or submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org