Traveling with your baby can make traveling just a bit more challenging. You now have two travel lists- one for yourself and one for your baby. Dr. Amy and the Baby Pibu team want to provide you with some baby travel essentials to make your travel planning easier.
- Stock up on the diapers. You never know when your flight may be delayed, traffic backed up, or a diarrhea episode may occur. Pack enough diapers for 2-3 days extra than intended. With the diapers, you will need a diaper rash cream like Baby Pibu’s Bottom Balm. Other diaper travel essentials include a changing pad, wipes, and hand sanitizer.
- Have plenty to eat and drink! Consider your food and beverage baby essentials list. Make sure to have plenty of formula, bottles, breast milk, and breast pump. Double check the TSA regulations so that your precious formula or breast milk isn’t taken from you at security. Pack age-appropriate food along with a bib and plastic utensils. Bring extra for that that “just in case” moment when things don’t go as planned. A hungry baby makes for tougher traveling.
- When sickness or injury comes, you want to be prepared. Sickness and traveling do not mix well together. Sickness travel essentials include a thermometer, infant pain reliever like acetaminophen or ibuprofen, antihistamine like Benadryl, topical hydrocortisone like Cortaid or Cortizone, topical antibiotic ointment like Polysporin, and bandaids.
- Extra clothing is always a must. You never know when that blow-out diaper or major spit-up may occur. Pack a large ziplock bag with an extra outfit.
- Playtime essentials are needed even with traveling. Do not bring the whole playroom, but do bring those essential toys, stuffed animals or books that can keep your baby entertained while traveling.
- Bath time and night time essentials should not be forgotten. Shampoos and soaps found in hotels are heavily fragranced and typically made of ingredients that are more irritating to baby’s delicate skin. Consider traveling with a travel sized bottle of Baby Pibu’s Bathtime Wash along with Baby Pibu’s moisturizing Baby Butter and Hydrating Ointment. Do not forget the swaddling blanket or sound machine as well to make night time as consistent for baby as possible.
Traveling with your baby can be done and be done with less stress. Knowing the baby travel essentials can make traveling easier by knowing that you have your basic essentials on hand. Enjoy your traveling times with your baby! Before you know it, your baby will grow up and be old enough to self-pack one day.